Weight loss requires tremendous commitment over a considerable period of time. Even if you keep what you eat in check, there are many times we continue to rake in calories out of sheer lack of knowledge or ignorance that. At other times, it is hard to let go off your favorite food because this is what you grew up eating. Try these awesome tasty and healthy food replacements that you need to try today!
For such cases and many more, we did some research to find you healthy and tasty replacements for your favorite foods. These replacements not only reduce the amount of calories from your favorite dishes but also add extra nutrients and fiber.
1. Replace White Rice with Quinoa or Brown Rice or Grated Cauliflower
2. Replace Mayo with Mustard or Avocado Paste or Hummus
Another tasty but healthy substitute for mayo can be avocado paste. It has about 2x less calories and about 1/3rd of fat.
3. Replace Soda with Seltzer + Mint + Cucumber
4. Replace Refined Oil with Coconut Oil
5. Replace Croûtons with Unsalted Nuts
6. Replace Potato chips with Popcorn
1 ounce of air-popped popcorn contains about 25 fewer calories, 10x less fat and 2x the protein compared to the same quantity of potato chips. Additionally, air-popped popcorn comes with extra fiber (about 16% of DV per ounce)
7. Replace White flour with Coconut flour
Replace the unhealthy white flour, which causes bloating and slows metabolism, with coconut flour. Coconut flour is an extremely good absorbent and only a small quantity is needed in a recipe. For a cup of white-flour, you only need a fourth of coconut-flour. Additionally, coconut flour is rich in nutrients such as Vitamin C, Thiamin, Manganese, and Biotin.
8. Replace Sugar with Stevia or Cinnamon or Honey
Stevia has zero carbs, calories and a glycemic index, and you only need half a teaspoon for a cup of sugar! Additionally, Stevia has other anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties. It is a proven way to lose weight.
Local honey is another great alternative with about 25% less calories per 100 gram.
9. Replace Chocolate Chips with Cacao nibs
10. Replace Breadcrumbs with Chia Seeds
11. Replace Table Salt with Himalayan Salt Crystals
12. Replace Sports Drink with Coconut Water
13. Replace Skimmed Milk with Almond Milk
14. Replace Potato Fries with Sweet Potato Fries or Baked Zucchini Fingers
If you can’t live without French fries, then try this simple yet extremely healthy replacement – sweet potato fries. Sweet potatoes are almost 40% less in calories, 33% less carbs, and 33% more fiber.
15. Replace Sour Cream with Greek Yogurt
16. Replace Pizza dough with Cauliflower paste
17. Replace Spaghetti with Grated Zucchini
18. Replace Lasagna Pasta with Zucchini Layers or Eggplant Slices
Another interesting and much healthier replacement for pasta in Lasagna could be eggplants, which are much lesser in calories and carbs. Plus, eggplants are rich in essential nutrients.
19. Replace Flour Tortillas with Corn Tortilla or Fresh Lettuce
20. Replace Butter with Avocado Paste or Hummus
Speaking of avocado paste and hummus as sauce, they can also act as great substitute for butter or margarine on your breads. They are equally tasty but much low in trans fat and calories.
21. Replace Ice Cream with Frozen Banana
22. Replace Frosting with Marshmallow Fluff
While we are at desserts, try this healthy replacement as well. Replace the frostings on your cupcakes and favorite desserts with marshmallow fluff and you get the same texture and flavor without the additional sugar or calories.
23. Replace Hamburger buns with Roasted Portobello mushrooms
Alright, we all love our hamburgers and it seems to difficult to give this God-heavenly food just to lose weight. So, how do we get the best of both worlds? Simply replace the carb-loaded buns with roasted Portobello Mushrooms which are not only healthier but also give your burgers an interesting rich taste.
24. Replace Mashed Potatoes with Mashed Cauliflower
Ready To Lose 10-20 lbs in the next 28 days?
Have you Been curious about the ketogenic diet? you're not alone!
If you're really serious about losing weight and want to create a new lifestyle for yourself then The 28-Day Keto Challenge is for you.
The Ketogenic Diet has changed our lives. It has turned our bodies from sugar-burners to fat-burners.
We wake up with more energy, less cravings, and a better mood throughout the day.
Our 28-Day Keto Challenge walks you through how to incorporate the Ketogenic Diet into your lifestyle so you no longer have to worry about giving up on diets and gaining back the weight you keep on trying to lose.
Sounds too good to be true, right? Well it isn't and we are happy to teach you all about it with The 28-Day Keto Challenge.
POPULAR FAT BURNING ARTICLES
- 3 Unique Veggies that fights abdominal fat (surprising fat fighters) »
- The #1 WORST food for your joints, skin & blood sugar (are you eating this?) »
- Why to STOP eating whole wheat bread, vegetable oils, energy bars, or cereals »
- Drink THIS First Thing in the Morning (For Better Energy, Digestion and Metabolism) »
- 2 Simple Steps to Remove Visceral Belly Fat (The Deadliest Type) »