How to lose inner thigh fat without gaining muscle?
Contributed by – Gavin Walsh, Womens’ Body Enhancement Specialist — M.S., Exercise Physiology and creator of
It is true without a toned inner thigh you would never manage to pull of that sexy swim suit you had been dreaming to wear for so long. Inner thigh fat grows the same way you accumulate fat in other parts of your body, but thighs require a bit more effort to get toned.
Sometimes, your upper portion of the body might not be fatty or bulky, but it is found that women tend to grow a heavy lower body. It is quite natural, that women have the tendency to grow bigger butts and heavy thighs, you are not alone there.
Below we have listed 5 simple thigh exercises you can practice easily and tone up your thighs and butts. If you’re motivated enough to go the extra mile for a slimmer thigh and a round butt, we have recommended few professional programs which will help you leave no stone unturned.
1. WIDE PILE SQUAT
- Split your legs for slightly more than your shoulders keeping your toes facing outwards
- During your Squat you should keep your back slightly leaned forward
- Your butt should stick out like you are sitting on a chair
- Now hold your dumbbell or kettlebell in front of you and squat
- Give a small pause when you are down before you get up
- Do the reps slowly keeping your posture perfect
2. TABLE TOP SIDEKICKS
- This is a simple yet very effective workout for your thighs
- Get to the position like an animal, with knees on your floor and hands in front of them
- Pick up your right leg and kick on your right, try to bring your legs high enough till your hips
- Bring them back to folded position repeat as many as you can for 20 secs and that’s a rep
- Change the leg and repeat again
3. MEDICINE BALL THIGH PRESS
- This workout not only helps you burn fat from your thigh but it works your core and back too.
- Lie down your back, fold your legs and hold the medicine ball between your legs
- Lift your hips, keep your core tight and back straight
- Squeeze your knees together for 30 secs then rest for 10 secs. Repeat 3 times
4. STANDING SIDE LEG EXTENSION
Use an exercise band, put it around your legs just above your ankles, stand hip-width apart
- Now raise your left leg keeping your right firmly straight on floor
- Pick up your leg till you feel the band stretching
- Bring it back, but do not rest it on the ground stop few inches above the ground – this is one rep
- Repeat as many times as you can for 20 secs and rest for 10 secs again repeat
5. STABILITY BALL TWISTS
- Lie down on your back, legs straight
- Hold the dumbbell straight up
- Ask someone to help place the exercise ball between your legs
- Squeeze the ball hard and lift it off the ground
- Turn the ball to the left with your legs so that your right foot is above your left
- Do not rotate your upper body. Only twist your leg
- Rotate the ball through the middle and to your right, so now your left foot is above your right
- Turn the ball to the left and right as many times as you can in 60 seconds