No matter what people might tell you, the truth is that whenever we meet someone, the face is the first thing we notice and use it to base our judgment on their appearance.
In fact, our first impression of beauty is judged based on the structure of the face. A person with high cheekbones, a chiseled jawline and sharp edges make a much better impression than someone with chubby or fat cheeks.
Yes, some might say that you look cute in your chubby cheeks, but you know that you would rather be hot and sexy than cute and chubby. Additionally, a chubby face gives you a childish appearance which is highly undesirable.
Let’s first look at what are the major causes for chubby cheeks.
Why do you have Chubby Cheeks?
- Genetics: You are genetically configured to have more muted facial features or your body’s fat percentage is higher. It does not mean that you cannot lose face fat but it definitely makes it harder for you.
- Bodyweight: If you are overweight and have excess fat across your body, there is a strong chance that fat has found its way in the three fat zones near the cheeks: two at the cheekbones and one at the side of the nose called nasolabial compartment.
- Lack of essential nutrients: Your diet lacks essential nutrients, such as Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and Omega-3 Fatty acids, that are essential for maintaining a healthy and tight skin.
- Excess Sugar and Carbohydrates: Your diet includes an excess amount of sugars and carbohydrates that mostly turns into fat that gets stored on your face.
- Dehydration or excess salt: Lack of water consumption and excess intake of salt from junk food may lead to water retention and make your face bloated.
- Lack of sleep: Lack of sleep due to stress or poor sleep habits may slow down metabolism and lead to water retention causing chubby cheeks.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol or smoking: Excessive intake of alcohol may lead to considerable water retention making your face look larger. Smoking has a direct impact on the health of your skin and may make it look older and plumper than it is supposed to be.
So, is there a quick yet effective way to get rid of chubby cheeks and turn into the hot-shot you were supposed to be?
The short answer is, yes.
Long answer is that while you can easily reduce face fat caused due to poor diet or exercise routines through concentrated efforts, changes to chubby cheeks that are caused by genetic factors (such as bone structures and size of saliva glands) might be limited and difficult to make but you can definitely minimize their effects by maintaining a healthy diet and exercise.
Losing fat from the body, including the face, requires a holistic approach. Typically, losing fat from the body will also reduce fat from your face and a calorie deficit diet is the key to that approach. To reduce face fat, you’ll need to ensure that you do not intake excess calories over the next 10 days and prevent any new fat from getting stored on your face. Simultaneously, you can try the multitude of exercises and remedies listed below to target the existing fat on your face and improve your cheekbones and jawlines within the period.
Here are some basic and most effective faciagl exercises that target your facial fat, tighten the area around your cheekbones, and elongate your facial muscles.
- Guppy: You can do this simple exercise during any time of the day. Just suck your cheeks and lips in like a guppy or fish and try to smile. Hold the position for 10 seconds or until you feel the burn in your cheeks and jaws. Repeat 20 times.
This exercise stimulates blood flow and targets the fat on your lower cheeks.
- Tongue-twister: Another simple exercise to target the fat around your lower cheeks is the tongue-twister.
Simply rotate your tongue inside the mouth with your lips closed in circular motions. Make sure you touch the outer surface of all your teeth with the tongue. Do this 10 times each in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction.
- Kiss the Sky: Tilt your head upwards and keep your eyes towards the sky or the ceiling if you’re inside. Now hold your lips as tight as possible as if you are trying to kiss the sky. Hold yourself in the kissing position for about 15 seconds and repeat 20 times.
This exercise stretches most of the facial muscles including your jaw, throat, and neck. Make sure you only use your lips during this exercise.
- Hum and breathe: There are two parts to this exercise. First, close your lips and make chewing motion using your lower jaw. Now hum and count your breath. After 10 breaths stop to relax. In the second part, open your mouth and stick your tongue to the lower front teeth from the front. Again hum and count for 10 breaths. Repeat both parts 20 times.
This exercise will give you an amazing jawline and tone your facial muscles.
- Tongue Stretcher: Push out your tongue as much as possible while pulling your cheeks behind. Stay at this position for 10 seconds and then relax. Repeat 20 times.
This is a great exercise to burn face fat quickly while toning your jaw muscles.
- Lick the chin: Another great face-fat burning exercise is Lick the chin. Stretch out your tongue as much as possible to lick your chin area using the back of your tongue. Try to go as low as possible and pull back your cheeks to the maximum extent. Stay at this position for 10 seconds and relax. Repeat 10-15 times.
You will get dehydrated after this exercise quickly so keep a bottle of water handy.
If you love yoga, then it is also very useful in slimming and toning body and face muscles. You should try this brilliant face yoga method below to reduce cheek fat.
In addition to the above facial exercise, you may also try the following simple home-remedies that will accelerate fat-burning around your face and give you a chiseled and sharp jawline.
1. Chew Gum:
Exercise your facial muscles and keep them toned by chewing a gum, preferably a sugar-free gum, several times a day over the next 10 days. Chewing Gums also help keep your teeth and gums, so win-win.
2. Face Spa:
Another interesting way to expedite burning fat from the face is to give a spa treatment to your face specifically. No, you don’t have to go to a real spa. Just heat some water in a bowl until it is lukewarm and then apply facial steam until your face starts to sweat. The sweat breaks down the fat stored in the facial area and thus makes it easier to burn. Once done, simply clean your face with a towel dipped in the lukewarm water. Target the fatty areas on the face. Repeat this 10 times. It is also a great way to get rid of dust particles and harmful pollutants stuck on your skin as the steam opens up the pores and the wipe with towel cleans any residue on the skin. You can do this every day before going to bed.
3. Face masks:
To improve the health and liveliness of the skin, you can apply face masks that not only rejuvenate your face but also burn down excess fat. To prepare a face mask, you may use any of the following:
- Cocoa Butter
- Wheat Germ Oil
- Egg Whites
- Turmeric and Yoghurt
- Coconut Oil
All of these items are rich in essential nutrients that help improve the overall health of the skin. They keep the skin hydrated and prevent sagging and other aging issues. As the skin gets healthier it fights off fat easily and your face gets a radiant and vibrant look.
To prepare the mask, use a tablespoon of any of the above ingredients that are available to you and then gently apply it all over your face, chin, and neck area. Leave the ingredient for at least 30 mins and then wash your face with lukewarm water. Repeat this every day for the next 10 days for effective results.
4. Eat the right food:
Another possible reason your face is putting on fat is that it is not receiving the essential nutrients from your diet. Try the following superfoods to boost your skin’s health:
- Lemon and Honey: Lemon is an excellent fat burner and combined with honey it becomes a miracle food. Squeeze a lemon into a glass of warm water and add a spoon of honey to it. Drink it on empty stomach for the next 10 days. The benefits will not only be visible on the face but on the entire body. It is a great toxic cleanser.
- Almonds: A rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, and vitamin B6, almonds are a powerhouse of essential nutrients for the skin. It is a natural moisturiser and improves the elasticity of your skin. Before going to bed, keep 10 almonds in a bowl filled with water and consume the soaked almonds first thing in the morning.
- Whole Grain Cereals: Refined cereals are rich in sugar and carbohydrates that add excess fat to the body and face. In order to reduce fat, the most important change you can make to your diet is to replace refined cereals with whole grain cereals that are low in fat and high in vitamins and minerals.
- Melons: A rich source of vitamin C, melons, if available, can be a great way to replace fatty foods in your diet. Melons not only help in flushing toxins and fat from the body but also keep you satiated to prevent you from consuming fatty foods.
- Dairy products: Dairy products are rich in calcium that prevents water retention and thus reduces chubbiness around the face.
Some other foods that you should consider including in your diet include green leafy vegetables, soybean, nuts, turmeric, and legumes. These items are loaded with essential nutrients and are low in fat. An overall calorie reduction and fat cut-down will ensure that you don’t gain any new fat while you are beating down the existing fat on your face.
Simple face massages –
Face massage can be very useful in terms of cleansing and toning your face, but you should take precautions for your face massage routine. Follow the routine mentioned in the video below:
Use Chinese Jade Roller
Jade roller has been used since ancient times in China by the rich and affluent in fact a jade roller was almost compulsory for women form high societies had to keep their face slim and shaped. Jade rollers are pretty handy in improving your face skin and once you start losing face fat following the above methods then using a jade roller will highly benefit your skin.
Jade rollers are getting very popular now a days, they are made with natural jade stone and looks something like below:
Jade Rollers have many benefits – The jade roller is supposed to:
– improve blood circulation and skin tone- improve elasticity of the skin- promote lymphatic drainage- reduce puffiness and wrinkles- reduce dark under eye circles- eliminating toxins- the jade roller can also tighten pores since the jade remains cold even when in direct contact with the skinPretty amazing, right?
Hairstyles to hide fat faces effectively
Apart from following the above tips, some hairstyle makeover can hide your fatty face and make it look slimmer and attractive –
1 – Get an asymmetrical hairstyle – short hair or same length hairstyles are a blunder if you have chubby cheeks, they would make you look even more chubbier so avoid that
2 – Get a layered hair cut – ask your stylist to create layers that fall between chin and neck/shoulder. This will very well hide your chubby cheeks, remember your hair should fall below your chin
3 – If you have long hair, then get a layered cut with side swept and long bands, this will definitely make your face look slimmer
4 – Try to create volume on top of your head, side bangs and layers can do this pretty well which suits fat faces quite well
5 – Center parting a strict no-no, this will make your face look round so try side parting
6 – If you want to get straight bangs which covers your forehead then don’t, get them in angular manner this will hide your fat face better
DO’s and DON’Ts for the Next 10 Days
- Stay hydrated: Drink at least eight glasses of water. Keep it simple, you need not drink supplemented water.
- Get required rest: Sleep for at least 7 to 8 hours every day to prevent stress-related unhealthy junk-food consumption.
- Eat right: Include calcium, vitamin, and Omega-3 fatty acid-rich food as mentioned earlier
- Go salt-less for the next 10 days
- Reduce calorie intake: Ensure that you cut down as much calorie as possible from your diet over the next 10 days. Use a calculator to limit calorie intake to 2400 for men and 2000 for women.
- Engage in light cardio-exercises such as cycling, swimming, jogging, etc. for at least an hour for the next 10 days.
- Walk for 1,000 steps after dinner before going to bed.
- Get a new haircut: You may ask your hair stylist to give you a new haircut that better suits your face structure and reduces the chubby look from your face.
- Don’t consume alcohol as it leads to water retention and adds fat to your face
- Don’t consume junk food for the next 10 days to limit consumption of excess fat, sugar, and carbohydrates
- Don’t jump to take any medication or nutrition supplement without consulting a professional as they may be counterproductive or have serious side-effects
- Avoid smoking as it reduces the health of the skin and makes you look chubby
- Don’t nap in the afternoons or immediately after having dinner. Give yourself at least 2 to 3 hours before going to bed post dinner.