No matter what people might tell you, the truth is that whenever we meet someone, the face is the first thing we notice and use it to base our judgment on their appearance.
In fact, our first impression of beauty is judged based on the structure of the face. A person with high cheekbones, a chiseled jawline and sharp edges make a much better impression than someone with chubby or fat cheeks.
Yes, some might say that you look cute in your chubby cheeks, but you know that you would rather be hot and sexy than cute and chubby. Additionally, a chubby face gives you a childish appearance which is highly undesirable.
Let’s first look at what are the major causes for chubby cheeks.
Why do you have Chubby Cheeks?
- Genetics: You are genetically configured to have more muted facial features or your body’s fat percentage is higher. It does not mean that you cannot lose face fat but it definitely makes it harder for you.
- Bodyweight: If you are overweight and have excess fat across your body, there is a strong chance that fat has found its way in the three fat zones near the cheeks: two at the cheekbones and one at the side of the nose called nasolabial compartment.
- Lack of essential nutrients: Your diet lacks essential nutrients, such as Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and Omega-3 Fatty acids, that are essential for maintaining a healthy and tight skin.
- Excess Sugar and Carbohydrates: Your diet includes an excess amount of sugars and carbohydrates that mostly turns into fat that gets stored on your face.
- Dehydration or excess salt: Lack of water consumption and excess intake of salt from junk food may lead to water retention and make your face bloated.
- Lack of sleep: Lack of sleep due to stress or poor sleep habits may slow down metabolism and lead to water retention causing chubby cheeks.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol or smoking: Excessive intake of alcohol may lead to considerable water retention making your face look larger. Smoking has a direct impact on the health of your skin and may make it look older and plumper than it is supposed to be.
So, is there a quick yet effective way to get rid of chubby cheeks and turn into the hot-shot you were supposed to be?
The short answer is, yes.
Long answer is that while you can easily reduce face fat caused due to poor diet or exercise routines through concentrated efforts, changes to chubby cheeks that are caused by genetic factors (such as bone structures and size of saliva glands) might be limited and difficult to make but you can definitely minimize their effects by maintaining a healthy diet and exercise.
Losing fat from the body, including the face, requires a holistic approach. Typically, losing fat from the body will also reduce fat from your face and a calorie deficit diet is the key to that approach. To reduce face fat, you’ll need to ensure that you do not intake excess calories over the next 10 days and prevent any new fat from getting stored on your face. Simultaneously, you can try the multitude of exercises and remedies listed below to target the existing fat on your face and improve your cheekbones and jawlines within the period.
Here are some basic and most effective faciagl exercises that target your facial fat, tighten the area around your cheekbones, and elongate your facial muscles.
- Guppy: You can do this simple exercise during any time of the day. Just suck your cheeks and lips in like a guppy or fish and try to smile. Hold the position for 10 seconds or until you feel the burn in your cheeks and jaws. Repeat 20 times.
This exercise stimulates blood flow and targets the fat on your lower cheeks.
- Tongue-twister: Another simple exercise to target the fat around your lower cheeks is the tongue-twister.
Simply rotate your tongue inside the mouth with your lips closed in circular motions. Make sure you touch the outer surface of all your teeth with the tongue. Do this 10 times each in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction.
- Kiss the Sky: Tilt your head upwards and keep your eyes towards the sky or the ceiling if you’re inside. Now hold your lips as tight as possible as if you are trying to kiss the sky. Hold yourself in the kissing position for about 15 seconds and repeat 20 times.
This exercise stretches most of the facial muscles including your jaw, throat, and neck. Make sure you only use your lips during this exercise.
- Hum and breathe: There are two parts to this exercise. First, close your lips and make chewing motion using your lower jaw. Now hum and count your breath. After 10 breaths stop to relax. In the second part, open your mouth and stick your tongue to the lower front teeth from the front. Again hum and count for 10 breaths. Repeat both parts 20 times.
This exercise will give you an amazing jawline and tone your facial muscles.
- Tongue Stretcher: Push out your tongue as much as possible while pulling your cheeks behind. Stay at this position for 10 seconds and then relax. Repeat 20 times.
This is a great exercise to burn face fat quickly while toning your jaw muscles.
- Lick the chin: Another great face-fat burning exercise is Lick the chin. Stretch out your tongue as much as possible to lick your chin area using the back of your tongue. Try to go as low as possible and pull back your cheeks to the maximum extent. Stay at this position for 10 seconds and relax. Repeat 10-15 times.
You will get dehydrated after this exercise quickly so keep a bottle of water handy.
If you love yoga, then it is also very useful in slimming and toning body and face muscles. You should try this brilliant face yoga method below to reduce cheek fat.
In addition to the above facial exercise, you may also try the following simple home-remedies that will accelerate fat-burning around your face and give you a chiseled and sharp jawline.
1. Chew Gum:
Exercise your facial muscles and keep them toned by chewing a gum, preferably a sugar-free gum, several times a day over the next 10 days. Chewing Gums also help keep your teeth and gums, so win-win.
2. Face Spa:
Another interesting way to expedite burning fat from the face is to give a spa treatment to your face specifically. No, you don’t have to go to a real spa. Just heat some water in a bowl until it is lukewarm and then apply facial steam until your face starts to sweat. The sweat breaks down the fat stored in the facial area and thus makes it easier to burn. Once done, simply clean your face with a towel dipped in the lukewarm water. Target the fatty areas on the face. Repeat this 10 times. It is also a great way to get rid of dust particles and harmful pollutants stuck on your skin as the steam opens up the pores and the wipe with towel cleans any residue on the skin. You can do this every day before going to bed.
3. Face masks:
To improve the health and liveliness of the skin, you can apply face masks that not only rejuvenate your face but also burn down excess fat. To prepare a face mask, you may use any of the following:
- Cocoa Butter
- Wheat Germ Oil
- Egg Whites
- Turmeric and Yoghurt
- Coconut Oil
All of these items are rich in essential nutrients that help improve the overall health of the skin. They keep the skin hydrated and prevent sagging and other aging issues. As the skin gets healthier it fights off fat easily and your face gets a radiant and vibrant look.
To prepare the mask, use a tablespoon of any of the above ingredients that are available to you and then gently apply it all over your face, chin, and neck area. Leave the ingredient for at least 30 mins and then wash your face with lukewarm water. Repeat this every day for the next 10 days for effective results.
4. Eat the right food:
Another possible reason your face is putting on fat is that it is not receiving the essential nutrients from your diet. Try the following superfoods to boost your skin’s health:
- Lemon and Honey: Lemon is an excellent fat burner and combined with honey it becomes a miracle food. Squeeze a lemon into a glass of warm water and add a spoon of honey to it. Drink it on empty stomach for the next 10 days. The benefits will not only be visible on the face but on the entire body. It is a great toxic cleanser.
- Almonds: A rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, and vitamin B6, almonds are a powerhouse of essential nutrients for the skin. It is a natural moisturiser and improves the elasticity of your skin. Before going to bed, keep 10 almonds in a bowl filled with water and consume the soaked almonds first thing in the morning.
- Whole Grain Cereals: Refined cereals are rich in sugar and carbohydrates that add excess fat to the body and face. In order to reduce fat, the most important change you can make to your diet is to replace refined cereals with whole grain cereals that are low in fat and high in vitamins and minerals.
- Melons: A rich source of vitamin C, melons, if available, can be a great way to replace fatty foods in your diet. Melons not only help in flushing toxins and fat from the body but also keep you satiated to prevent you from consuming fatty foods.
- Dairy products: Dairy products are rich in calcium that prevents water retention and thus reduces chubbiness around the face.
Some other foods that you should consider including in your diet include green leafy vegetables, soybean, nuts, turmeric, and legumes. These items are loaded with essential nutrients and are low in fat. An overall calorie reduction and fat cut-down will ensure that you don’t gain any new fat while you are beating down the existing fat on your face.
Simple face massages -
Face massage can be very useful in terms of cleansing and toning your face, but you should take precautions for your face massage routine. Follow the routine mentioned in the video below:
Use Chinese Jade Roller
Jade roller has been used since ancient times in China by the rich and affluent in fact a jade roller was almost compulsory for women form high societies had to keep their face slim and shaped. Jade rollers are pretty handy in improving your face skin and once you start losing face fat following the above methods then using a jade roller will highly benefit your skin.
Jade rollers are getting very popular now a days, they are made with natural jade stone and looks something like below:Image Credit
Jade Rollers have many benefits - The jade roller is supposed to:
- improve blood circulation and skin tone
- improve elasticity of the skin
- promote lymphatic drainage
- reduce puffiness and wrinkles
- reduce dark under eye circles
- eliminating toxins
- the jade roller can also tighten pores since the jade remains cold even when in direct contact with the skin
Pretty amazing, right?
Hairstyles to hide fat faces effectively
Apart from following the above tips, some hairstyle makeover can hide your fatty face and make it look slimmer and attractive -
1 - Get an asymmetrical hairstyle - short hair or same length hairstyles are a blunder if you have chubby cheeks, they would make you look even more chubbier so avoid that
2 - Get a layered hair cut - ask your stylist to create layers that fall between chin and neck/shoulder. This will very well hide your chubby cheeks, remeber your hair should fall below your chin
3 - If you have long hair, then get a layered cut with side swept and long bands, this will definitly make your face look slimmer
4 - Try to create volume on top of your head, side bangs and layers can do this pretty well which suits fat faces quite well
5 - Center parting a strict no-no, this will make your face look round so try side parting
6 - If you want to get staright bangs which covers your forehead then don't, get them in angular manner this will hide your fat face better
DO's and DON'Ts for the Next 10 Days
- Stay hydrated: Drink at least eight glasses of water. Keep it simple, you need not drink supplemented water.
- Get required rest: Sleep for at least 7 to 8 hours every day to prevent stress-related unhealthy junk-food consumption.
- Eat right: Include calcium, vitamin, and Omega-3 fatty acid-rich food as mentioned earlier
- Go salt-less for the next 10 days
- Reduce calorie intake: Ensure that you cut down as much calorie as possible from your diet over the next 10 days. Use a calculator to limit calorie intake to 2400 for men and 2000 for women.
- Engage in light cardio-exercises such as cycling, swimming, jogging, etc. for at least an hour for the next 10 days.
- Walk for 1,000 steps after dinner before going to bed.
- Get a new haircut: You may ask your hair stylist to give you a new haircut that better suits your face structure and reduces the chubby look from your face.
- Don’t consume alcohol as it leads to water retention and adds fat to your face
- Don’t consume junk food for the next 10 days to limit consumption of excess fat, sugar, and carbohydrates
- Don’t jump to take any medication or nutrition supplement without consulting a professional as they may be counterproductive or have serious side-effects
- Avoid smoking as it reduces the health of the skin and makes you look chubby
- Don’t nap in the afternoons or immediately after having dinner. Give yourself at least 2 to 3 hours before going to bed post dinner.
A quick note from our founder ...
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That's right -- as a special launch promotion, we're offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) -- All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Help us create more awareness! Please SHARE this article...
#1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat.
This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
P.S. Make sure you check out the next page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life!
The #1 "bodyfat-eating" hormone...
To begin, I apologize for the dark nature of this of this below information.
However I promise what you'll discover today will be completely worth it.
Imagine a rotting corpse draped over your body from head to toe...
...suffocating tissue, restricting blood flow, damaging joints and infecting your healthy cells.
Shockingly, that nightmare is a reality for most:
64% of women and 74% of men carry too much body fat according to the National Institutes of Health.
It's choking their organs, assaulting their metabolism and sucking their energy dry.
But here's the worst part:
For most, this body fat has become "calorie-resistant":
It's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
This zombie fat is essentially... "dead tissue".
That's important for those who have 10, 25 or 50 or more pounds to lose...
AND for those who aren't technically overweight, but have what's called "pocket obesity"...
...unsightly patches of fat that cling to specific places, like:
just above your hips, lower belly, where your butt and legs meet... and even arms, neck and face.
However, there's good news:
Obesity researchers have now discovered a "metabolic jumper cable":
It jolts dead body-fat back to life.
This allows your metabolism to burn it as calories and re-energize your entire body.
First though, here's the #1 reason why body-fat becomes calorie-resistant:
It lacks blood flow. This has 3 effects:
- Not enough oxygen or nutrients reach fat cells, so they become unresponsive..
- Released fat can't be sent to other tissues to be burned, so fat cells suck it back in...
- 3) Metabolic hormones carrying the "burn calories" message don't reach the fat cell...
All this means one thing:
Your body can't transform into energy, the 135,000+ of calories the average person stores as fat!
You become a metabolic zombie: NO energy to think. NO energy to move. NO energy to motivate.
Update: calorie-resistant body-fat can be now removed...
The discovery of this "metabolic jumper cable" can now reverse this process:
- It wakes up un-responsive body-fat with a powerful calorie-burning hormonal jolt....
- It pops open fat cells, sucks out the fat, sending it off before its yanked back in...
- It shuttles fat to your brain, heart, lungs, kidneys - even your bones - to be burned as energy.
Not only do those layers of "zombie fat" start coming off, but your entire body just works better.
Plus, as your whole body burns more calories, those patches of pocket obesity whittle away.
This "metabolic jumper cable" isn't any exercise, machine or pill.
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive.
It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know.
And on this next page, you'll find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
How to Wipe Out Chronic Inflammation (Free Book)
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
» Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2016.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Do You Know Your Body’s Most Important Weight Loss Secret?
Recently, Doctor of Naturopathy, weight-loss expert and best-selling Amazon author Liz Swann Miller, creator of the Red Smoothie Detox Factor, revealed 2 of the secrets to easy, steady weight loss. Secrets the big food corporations do their best to hide from us.
Secret #1: Enjoy real food. Don’t fall for the lie that you have to deprive yourself to lose weight.
Secret #2: stop eating out. You will automatically eat less without even noticing.
Then start detoxing your body with tasty, nourishing smoothies that are just as easy on your wallet as they are easy to make.
Because a single day of enjoying Liz’ smoothies demonstrated the radical power of her superfood-packed red smoothies to make me feel incredibly good.
Now prepare yourself for one of the biggest weight loss secrets there is. A secret that, when you use it properly, can transform your body and your health.
You probably know most of us eat too much processed food. What you may not know is that it’s full of toxic chemicals and substandard, dirt-cheap ingredients designed to make you eat more…and force you to gain weight.
Here’s how it works.
“That stuff is just a lot of calories your body can’t use,” Liz told me, “Some are poison. And all these foods are stripped of the anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatories that help your body detox. The result? Your body expends huge amounts of calories to eliminate some toxins—the rest, it stores in your fat to protect you. This is why most people are hungry all the time. They’re not getting energy they need.”
“So… what’s going on with me? Why am I losing weight but not going hungry?”
Liz paused, then dropped the bombshell.
Your body is designed to burn fat. You just have to let it.
“What? I thought we were designed to store fat?!?” We were Skyping and I was practically shouting. Then I heard Liz say…
What good is a fat reserve if you can’t burn it?
Liz continued: “You’re drinking smoothies packed with phytonutrients, anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatories that pull toxins out of you like a tractor beam. Allowing your body to burn those toxin-filled fat stores… and releasing tremendous amounts of stored energy.”
So that’s why I’m losing weight without going hungry.
Watch Liz’ free presentation. It’s packed with revolutionary weight loss information—information that works. Because it’s based on how nature.
Click the button only if you want to wear smaller clothes, breathe easier, move more freely and just plain feel better.
- Which calories help you lose weight…and which ones help you gain it…
- The “diet” foods…some of them vegetables…that lead to weight gain and diabetes…
- The “low-fat” foods that can dramatically increase your risk of cancer.
- And the superfoods that rescue your body from this assault by detoxing you…
Revitalizing your metabolism so you can Shed pounds as well as toxins, renew your body and reset your internal clock by up to 7 years.
Because until now, the Red Smoothie Detox Factor has been available only to Liz’ private clients. But now that she’s perfected it to work for almost everyone, almost every time, Liz is sharing it with rest of us so we can feel better and look better.
Get Red Smoothie Detox Factor before the price goes back up.
Because Liz offers a ridiculously good guarantee. You have 60 days to decide you love the Red Smoothie Detox Factor. If you don’t love it—for any reason, or even no reason at all —Liz will refund your money. 100%. No questions asked.
Sponsored Health Resource
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.
Maxwell Evans, slickweightloss.com