Keto: What to Eat and What to Avoid
The Keto Diet plan is not only about restricting carb intake but rather making a choice to live a healthier lifestyle.
The diet requires you to focus more on whole and natural foods and stay away from processed and sugary-foods.
To make it easier for you to shop and know which foods to eat and which to not, we have compiled an exhaustive list of food items along with their nutrient values below.
Of course, there are some foods that you should avoid at all times and there are some that you should look to include more. But, we have also provided a list of foods that fall in the grey area i.e., you should eat them only in moderation.
These foods comprise the primary mix of foods for your Ketogenic diet. Your grocery shopping list should primary include these items and you should look for recipes that primarily use these ingredients. Try to keep your diet restricted to these foods 70-80% of the time.
1. HEALTHY FATS
• Saturated Fats: Coconut Oil; Animal Fat such as Lard, Tallow, Chicken Fat, Duck Fat; Ghee (or Clarified Butter); Unprocessed Butter
• Mono-unsaturated Fats: Avocado Oil, Macadamia Nuts Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Omega-3 Fats: Fatty fish. Seafood, Nuts
2. Lean Proteins
• Grass-fed Meat - Poultry, Pork, Beef, Lamb, Goat, Seafood, Fish, Eggs, Ghee, Organs such as Liver, Kidney, and Heart
• Soy Protein - Soyabean, Soy Sauce, Soy Milk, Tofu
• Vegetable Protein - Spinach, Kale, Spirulina, Chlorella, Moringa, Artichokes, Asparagus, Broccoli, and other green leafy vegetables
• All legumes and lentils
Caution: avoid meats that come with sugary or starchy combinations i.e., meats covered in breadcrumbs, hot dogs, burgers, etc.
3. Non-starchy Vegetables
• Cruciferous Vegetables - Arugula, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cauliflower, Collard Greens, Kale, Mustard greens, Radish, Turnip, and Watercress
• All green leafy vegetables including - Spinach, Kale, Chard, Chives, Endive, Cilantro, Mint, etc.
• Salad Favorites - Onion, Green Chilli, Cucumber, Turnip, etc.
4. Fatty Fruits
5. Natural Drinks / Beverages
• Coconut Water
• Bulletproof Coffee
• Green Tea
• Lemon Juice
• All herbs and spices
• Fermented foods like Kimchi & Kombucha
EAT IN MODERATION
There include that have one or the other good benefit in the form of essential nutrients but can derail you from ketosis or be harmful if consumed at a regular basis. Typically, these are foods that have moderate amounts of carbs, but are easily available and common in most recipes.
7. Root, Nightshade, Sea Vegetables
• Bell Peppers
• Bean Sprouts
• Sweet Potato
8. Protein Otherwise
• Grain-fed meat: Beef, pork, eggs, turkey, etc.
• Full-fat Dairy: Full-fat Milk, Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Sour Cream, Cheese
9. Vegan Protein
• Fermented soy products (natto, tempeh, edamame, and soy-sauce)
10. Nuts & Seeds
• Macadamia Nuts (Keto favorite)
• Almonds, Walnut, Hazelnuts, Pecans, Cashew, Pistachio, and Brazil Nuts
• Flax seed, Pumpkin seeds, Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds, and Hemp seeds
11. Fruits Rich in Minerals & Nutrients
• Berries: Blueberries, Cranberries, Mulberries, Acai Berries etc.
• Water-rich: Watermelon, Muskmelons, Kiwi, etc.
• Mineral-rich: Apple, Grapefruit, Orange, Figs, Pears, Cherries, Peach, Dragon Fruit, etc.
• Tomato Puree
• Cocoa and carob powder, Dark chocolate (>70% cocoa)
13. Zero-carb Alcohols
• Red & White Wine
DO NOT drink if you are trying to lose weight. Drink only when you want to maintain the weight.
FOODS TO AVOID
• Sprouted grains
15. Common grain-based Foods
16. Sugary and Sweet Foods
• Table sugar
• Ice cream
• High Fructose Corn Syrup
17. All Processed Foods
18. Refined Fats/Oils
• Sunflower Oil
• Safflower Oil
• Cottonseed Oil
• Canola Oil
• Soybean Oil
• Grapeseed Oil
• Corn Oil
19. Artificial Sweeteners
20. Factory-farmed Pork and Fish
21. Starchy Vegetables (Primarily Potato)
22. Any food that claims to be "Low Fat", "Low Carb" or "Zero Calorie"
• Chewing Gums
• Diet Soda
23. Milk (Except full-fat)
24. High-carb Fruits
• Tropical Fruits: Mango, Pineapple, Banana, Papaya, etc.
• Starchy Fruits: Grapes, Tangerines, etc.
• All juices (Fruits when juiced is just sugar water) - Smoothies are still better as they retain some of the fiber.
25. High-carb Alcohols
• Sweet wine
Keto Diet Plan (Infographic)
Foods to Avoid on Keto (Infographics)
Keto Food Pyramids (Infographic)
28 Day Keto Challenge - Everything You Need For Keto Success
Can you follow the ketogenic diet for just next 28 days? The 28-Day Keto Challenge gives you an easy-to-follow plan and includes everything you need to be successful with the Keto diet — both now and in the long-term. Just think… armed with 28-day meal plan, the 7 Keto guides, and the 3 bonus guides… you’ll be able to start strong and finish strong, possibly losing 5-10 lbs in the first week alone. Over the course of the Challenge, you could lose 20 lbs or more. This doesn’t have to stay in your imagination… you can make it a reality by signing up for the 28-Day Keto Challenge right now.Continue Reading
3 BIOLOGICAL REASONS SKIN LOOKS OLD
There are 3 biological reasons our skin looks "old" with age. Good anti-aging skincare products achieve dramatic results by fighting - (or even reversing) 1 of these 3 underlying problems... The best address all 3... And we don't have to "guess" whether something is really working or not... Because we can precisely measure the 3 biological markers of aging skin both before and after treatment... With this information, we can scientifically address the real reason our skin ages. The 3 Biological Reasons Our Skin Ages Sagging jowls, neck skin and cheeks... crow's feet, marionette & laugh lines .... "turkey neck", thin skin, easy bruising and all the other ugly names we hate... They're all caused by the same 3 root problems... And for those of us who want to address all 3 issues without an extreme cosmetic procedure... There are inexpensive alternatives which address all 3 aging-skin issues at home in 1 minute (or less) with soothing solutions... The "Perfect" Anti-Aging Skin-Care Routine Good anti-aging skincare products achieve dramatic results by fighting - or even reversing 1 of these 3 underlying problems. But the best anti-aging skin-care routine addresses all 3 underlying problems at once... And THIS is clinically proven to improve all 3 aging skin problems at once... So you reverse the age of your skin at a cellular level using 6 natural ingredients. You'll see a visible tightening effect within 1 hour... And witness your skin looking more beautiful with each use.Continue Reading
Stop Fat Storage
A simple evening ritual easily melts off 5-7 lbs pounds per week. Takes NO exercise, works with any diet. Featured topics - A two minute exercise that shrinks your belly overnight. The #1 worst food combination for stress and belly fat. The simple 30 second ritual which stops fat storage.Continue Reading