Keto: What to Eat and What to Avoid
The Keto Diet plan is not only about restricting carb intake but rather making a choice to live a healthier lifestyle.
The diet requires you to focus more on whole and natural foods and stay away from processed and sugary-foods.
To make it easier for you to shop and know which foods to eat and which to not, we have compiled an exhaustive list of food items along with their nutrient values below.
Of course, there are some foods that you should avoid at all times and there are some that you should look to include more. But, we have also provided a list of foods that fall in the grey area i.e., you should eat them only in moderation.
These foods comprise the primary mix of foods for your Ketogenic diet. Your grocery shopping list should primary include these items and you should look for recipes that primarily use these ingredients. Try to keep your diet restricted to these foods 70-80% of the time.
1. HEALTHY FATS
• Saturated Fats: Coconut Oil; Animal Fat such as Lard, Tallow, Chicken Fat, Duck Fat; Ghee (or Clarified Butter); Unprocessed Butter
• Mono-unsaturated Fats: Avocado Oil, Macadamia Nuts Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Omega-3 Fats: Fatty fish. Seafood, Nuts
2. Lean Proteins
• Grass-fed Meat - Poultry, Pork, Beef, Lamb, Goat, Seafood, Fish, Eggs, Ghee, Organs such as Liver, Kidney, and Heart
• Soy Protein - Soyabean, Soy Sauce, Soy Milk, Tofu
• Vegetable Protein - Spinach, Kale, Spirulina, Chlorella, Moringa, Artichokes, Asparagus, Broccoli, and other green leafy vegetables
• All legumes and lentils
Caution: avoid meats that come with sugary or starchy combinations i.e., meats covered in breadcrumbs, hot dogs, burgers, etc.
3. Non-starchy Vegetables
• Cruciferous Vegetables - Arugula, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cauliflower, Collard Greens, Kale, Mustard greens, Radish, Turnip, and Watercress
• All green leafy vegetables including - Spinach, Kale, Chard, Chives, Endive, Cilantro, Mint, etc.
• Salad Favorites - Onion, Green Chilli, Cucumber, Turnip, etc.
4. Fatty Fruits
5. Natural Drinks / Beverages
• Coconut Water
• Bulletproof Coffee
• Green Tea
• Lemon Juice
• All herbs and spices
• Fermented foods like Kimchi & Kombucha
EAT IN MODERATION
There include that have one or the other good benefit in the form of essential nutrients but can derail you from ketosis or be harmful if consumed at a regular basis. Typically, these are foods that have moderate amounts of carbs, but are easily available and common in most recipes.
7. Root, Nightshade, Sea Vegetables
• Bell Peppers
• Bean Sprouts
• Sweet Potato
8. Protein Otherwise
• Grain-fed meat: Beef, pork, eggs, turkey, etc.
• Full-fat Dairy: Full-fat Milk, Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Sour Cream, Cheese
9. Vegan Protein
• Fermented soy products (natto, tempeh, edamame, and soy-sauce)
10. Nuts & Seeds
• Macadamia Nuts (Keto favorite)
• Almonds, Walnut, Hazelnuts, Pecans, Cashew, Pistachio, and Brazil Nuts
• Flax seed, Pumpkin seeds, Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds, and Hemp seeds
11. Fruits Rich in Minerals & Nutrients
• Berries: Blueberries, Cranberries, Mulberries, Acai Berries etc.
• Water-rich: Watermelon, Muskmelons, Kiwi, etc.
• Mineral-rich: Apple, Grapefruit, Orange, Figs, Pears, Cherries, Peach, Dragon Fruit, etc.
• Tomato Puree
• Cocoa and carob powder, Dark chocolate (>70% cocoa)
13. Zero-carb Alcohols
• Red & White Wine
DO NOT drink if you are trying to lose weight. Drink only when you want to maintain the weight.
FOODS TO AVOID
• Sprouted grains
15. Common grain-based Foods
16. Sugary and Sweet Foods
• Table sugar
• Ice cream
• High Fructose Corn Syrup
17. All Processed Foods
18. Refined Fats/Oils
• Sunflower Oil
• Safflower Oil
• Cottonseed Oil
• Canola Oil
• Soybean Oil
• Grapeseed Oil
• Corn Oil
19. Artificial Sweeteners
20. Factory-farmed Pork and Fish
21. Starchy Vegetables (Primarily Potato)
22. Any food that claims to be "Low Fat", "Low Carb" or "Zero Calorie"
• Chewing Gums
• Diet Soda
23. Milk (Except full-fat)
24. High-carb Fruits
• Tropical Fruits: Mango, Pineapple, Banana, Papaya, etc.
• Starchy Fruits: Grapes, Tangerines, etc.
• All juices (Fruits when juiced is just sugar water) - Smoothies are still better as they retain some of the fiber.
25. High-carb Alcohols
• Sweet wine
LIMITED TIME PROMOTIONAL OFFER
Claim FREE Print Copies of best selling Ketogenic Diet Cook Books
Limited Offer!!! only few left in stock ...
Brand new Ketogenic Diet Cookbook and Guide for anybody who wants to burn fat and lose weight fast. Get a Free print copies valued at $21.99 each, 100% free.
Bacon & Butter
Discover 148 amazing ketogenic recipes inside this special edition of our New York Times Bestseller…plus more.
The Wicked Good
Discover 156 delicious fat-shredding recipes inside this special edition of our New York Times bestseller…plus more.
Keto Diet Plan (Infographic)
Foods to Avoid on Keto (Infographics)
Keto Food Pyramids (Infographic)
Help us create more awareness! Please SHARE this article...
#1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat.
This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
P.S. Make sure you check out the next page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life!
How to Wipe Out Chronic Inflammation (Free Book)
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
» Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2016.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.