Hypnosis, when conducted properly, can make life changing differences to many people. Hypnosis is a state of deep relaxation and almost altered consciousness, where people seemingly lose control of any voluntary actions. While hypnosis has the reputation of a ‘magician’ sort of effect, there is in fact a large amount of science and research behind it.
In reality, hypnosis does not remove free will from any individual, and individuals are still fully attentive and aware when they are hypnotized. During hypnosis, the individual is able to concentrate on one small aspect of a situation or memory while blocking out all other distractions and surroundings.
Despite many of the claims, hypnosis does not always work for everyone, and unfortunately, there is no way of knowing whether it will work without trying it. Hypnosis has traditionally been conducted by a professional therapist but in the modern world, this is changing.
It can often be expensive and time consuming to see a specialist, which unfortunately, puts many people off giving hypnosis a go. However, with the modern technology, many apps have been developed that enable anyone to experience the benefits of self-hypnosis in their own home.
Hypnosis has a long history of being used to treat various conditions such as depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, weight loss, and addictions such as smoking. While the research has varied in proving the effectiveness of this technique for some purposes, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that suggests there is something to it.
Research that is more recent has investigated the applicability of hypnosis in pain management, particularly chronic pain; so far, the results seem promising but much more work is required.
Success In Weight Loss
Weight loss is one of the more successful areas where hypnosis has been applied. Both scientifically and anecdotally, hypnosis has helped many people who have been struggling with weight loss. Weight loss can be hard and many people have struggled with relying on traditional methods alone.
Hypnosis works slightly differently with weight loss – it can alter your subconscious mind and change the way you think about food and drinks. For example, when eating a carrot almost everyone would rather think it was carrot cake instead. However, hypnosis can help you to focus on the carrot and tune out any distractions – including wishing it was carrot cake instead.
Hypnosis does not work like a traditional diet in that it does not tell you what you can and cannot eat. Instead, it focuses on retraining your brain to think differently about food, which ultimately changes what you want to eat.
Through hypnosis, many people have learned to change the way the view their own bodies, their eating habits and their thoughts on healthy food.
Exactly what happens during hypnosis will vary by individual, as each hypnosis session will be tailored to meet the exact individual needs.
Common techniques that are often employed during hypnosis for weight loss include imaging the body you want; seeing yourself achieve your weight loss goals; becoming more confident and energized to exercise and eat sensibly; and retraining your thoughts on food and exercise.
For example, hypnosis can help someone who has many cravings for fast food or sugary, unhealthy snacks.
By imaging the goals and body you want at the end of your weight loss journey, combined with focusing on the craving, you can actually reduce the desire for the food. This is essential in weight loss as so many people struggle with cravings.
Whenever you have the urge to eat something you know is not included on your diet, hypnosis can help you refocus on your goals, and why you are trying to lose weight in the first place. Hypnosis also helps you to focus on the healthy options and to actually enjoy them.
So many people eat food because it is part of the diet and don’t actually like it or enjoy eating it. Hypnosis can change the way you think about healthy and sensible food so you do start to like it and might even start to crave only healthy food that is allowed on the diet.
Overall, hypnosis can help you to develop a healthier mind-set and attitude towards food. Both of these are essential components for anyone who is trying to lose weight.
Using Self Hypnosis For Weight Loss
Weight loss is so often desired by many people, but some find it much easier than others do. There are so many different ways to lose weight; some seem better than others do so how do you know which one to try?
A popular option in recent years has been to use self hypnosis for weight loss. It has worked with issues such as smoking, so it is reasonable to assume it will work for weight loss as well. Hypnosis might not be for everyone, but for those that are willing to try, it could be a highly beneficial tool for losing weight loss. Hypnosis works for many reasons, including for weight loss.
Free Self-Hypnosis Track: Would you like to give self-hypnosis for weight loss a try? Then get this FREE Self Hypnosis Track (Weight Loss Freedom) and discover how to curb those subconscious cravings so you can live each day with maximum health, clarity and joy! Infused with Subaudible Soundwave Technology, this allows the mind to shift to a lower brainwave state (and a higher state of vibration) more quickly, and easily, than regular meditation audio tracks. Download Your FREE Weight Loss Freedom Hypnosis Track, here.
8 Reasons Why Self Hypnosis Works For Weight Loss
- Hypnotists believe that everyone has everything they need inside them to lose weight; they do not need to spend a fortune on the latest fad diet, diet pills bought online or go to expensive classes. We have an innate ability and hypnosis can attune us to this ability within. We are all capable of such things; we just have to trust ourselves and wait patiently to see the results.
- Hypnosis plays on our expectations and belief system; humans find it easier to believe what they see. Weight loss can take a while before it happens and any immediate results are unlikely to last that long. Being patient and giving it a chance will ensure you do see the benefits. If we believe and expect our weight loss plan to work, it probably will.
- Hypnosis can alter our perception and conscious thoughts about food, dieting, and weight loss. Positive thoughts and suggestions work best when it comes to hypnotherapy. Feeling positive about your body and treating it well will be most beneficial to your weight loss. Hypnotherapy can alter your state of mind into a more positive one and dispel many of the negative thoughts you may have.
- As hypnotherapy is all about thinking from within and becoming more in tune with yourself, it can help you become much more aware of your inner thoughts and beliefs. We can become more aware of our cravings and attitudes towards certain foods. Ultimately, this can help us devise more positive and practical weight loss tactics that are more likely to work.
- Food is strongly connected to emotions and negative emotions such as stress in particular. Hypnotherapy can cause a sense of relaxation, both in the session and afterwards. By being relaxed and more positive, we are less likely to comfort eat. When we eat for comfort or to reduce stress, it is often convenience food we look out for. By reducing the intake of these unhealthy foods, weight loss is much more likely to occur.
- Hypnosis can change our inherent thought patterns over time; it is unlikely that there will be an instant transformation after one session of hypnosis. However, over time, small and simple steps or sessions can build up and have a huge effect on weight loss
- Hypnosis views relapses or failing to stick to the weight loss plan much more positively than other methods for weight loss. Rather than seeing it as a weakness within yourself or a huge mistake that you’ve made, hypnosis sees it as an opportunity. If you can evaluate your lapse in weight loss, identify the triggers, and work out ways to prevent it in the future, you are less likely to experience such a lapse in weight loss again.
- Hypnosis can essentially retrain your brain and rather than seeing it as a negative and you need to go without certain foods to lose weight, it should be seen as a chance to create a new version of yourself in a more positive way.
Now that you have an idea how self-hypnosis can catapult your weight loss efforts and help reach your health goals easily, you might need some quality self-hypnosis tracks. Below are 2 specially designed self-hypnosis tracks to end subconscious cravings and prevent relapse…
1. End Sugar Addiction: It’s time to break free from the addiction to sugar FOR GOOD… and live each day with boundless health, perfect clarity and joy! Get your track, here.
2. End Binge Eating Addiction: It’s time to break free from the addiction to Binge Eating FOR GOOD… and live each day with boundless health, perfect clarity and joy! Get your track here.