Benefits of Common Household Spices: Superfood
Did you know that adding 5 common spices to your daily diet could change your life? Find out benefits of common household spices and how they help in changing your life.
Do you suffer from:
- Digestion Issues
- Low Sexual Drive
- Menstrual Cramps
If you said yes to any of these, them I am willing to bet you would love a natural solution for relief.
In this guide I’m going to teach you how to use six common household spices that are known to help with a whole host of medical issues. I will also show you some ways to use them and give you some recipes to get you started.
Ok, who doesn’t love cinnamon? Cinnamon is a holiday hero around my house! Nearly every dessert recipe I have ever made has called for cinnamon.
As yummy as cinnamon is, it has been known to offer relief from many common health issues such as:
- Reduce high blood sugar
- Strengthen cardiovascular system
- Ease menstrual cycles
- Builds up immune system
- Cancer treatment/prevention
Those are barely the tip of the iceberg! There is no reason to wait until holiday baking sessions to consume cinnamon. Sneak it into your everyday life. A few ways to do that are:
- Make cinnamon tea
- Make a rub for pork or lamb by mixing it with other spices
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon on top of desserts and apple sauce
Here is a fun dinner recipe to get you started:
CINNAMON AND LIME CHICKEN FAJITAS
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/4 cup of canola oil
1 Yellow onion, chopped
1 large garlic clove, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno peppers
1 lime, juiced
Salt and pepper, to taste
12 pcs of 6 inch corn tortillas, warmed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)
- Place potatoes in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with about 1/2 the oil, and season with salt. Bake 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until tender.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Arrange in a separate baking dish, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Cool and shred.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute onion and garlic until tender. Mix in shredded chicken, jalepeno, and lime juice. Cook until heated through.
- 5 Serve the chicken and potatoes in warmed tortillas.
Hello cumin my old friend, I’ve come to talk with you again. Kidding! Cumin is one of those spices that you buy at Kroger because you saw this great recipe on Pinterest you want to try but you never really get around to using so it collects dust in the cupboard.
Little did you know has super powers too! Some of the reasons I love cumin is that it has been known to:
- Helps fight diabetes
- Help with digestion
- Treat food Poising
- Help nursing moms increase milk flow
- Help with skin care (Eczema, acne, etc)
The great thing about cumin is there are lots of ways to add it to your daily diet. You can try:
- Using it in dips
- Adding to soups and stews
- Add to your chili seasoning
- Put it in your Mexican and Indian Dishes
Do you like veggie burgers? Try spicing up yours with this recipe:
HOMEMADE BLACK BEAN VEGGIE BURGER
1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
1/2 onion, cut into wedges
3 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1 tablespoon of cumin
1 tablespoon of hot sauce
1/2 cup bread crumbs
- If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty
- In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
- Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
- If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
Oh, Ginger, my favorite redhead. Of course we aren’t talking about Gilligan’s Island here. Ginger is a root that has super powers you definitely want to learn about. Some of the known health benefits include:
- Reduced Inflammation
- Migraine Relief
- Heartburn Relief
- Helps Fight Cancer
- Helps relieve nausea
- Helps with morning sickness
Ginger is a pretty distinct flavor but is an easy one to add to your diet. Some common uses for ginger are:
- Make Ginger Tea
- Really Great Addition to desserts and apple sauce
- Add to Smoothies
- Add to marinades
- Add to dipping sauces
It doesn’t take much but it can really add some pizazz to your meal.
Here is a delicious recipe to try:
GINGER VEGGIE STIR FRY
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
1 and half cloves of garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root, divided
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
1/2 cup snow peas
3/4 cup julienned carrots
1/2 cup halved greens beans
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 tablespoon salt
- In large bowl, blend cornstarch, garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger, and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil until cornstarch is dissolved. Mix in broccoli, snow peas, carrots, and green beans, tossing to lightly coat.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Cook vegetables in oil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Stir in soy sauce and water. Mix in onion, salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon ginger. Cook until vegetables are tender but still crisp.
Mint is definitely one of my favorite spices (and colors). While some of you may only use it seasonally or in desserts, has super powers worthy of using it year – round. Mint has been known to offer:
- Headache Relief
- Relive Mental Fatigue
- Aid with weight loss
- Prevent tooth decay
- Treat Indigestion
- Relieve Nausea
- Help with skin care
- Ease IBS symptoms
This is not a comprehensive list but it is definitely an amazing list of reasons to keep it on hand. Here are a few ways to use it:
- Use it in marinades (especially chicken)
- Add to cream soups
- Make mint tea (I make a lot of teas)
- Add to cooking sauces
- Add to drinks like lemonade and water
Here is a great side dish recipe that even your kids will love:
1/2 pound baby carrots
1 teaspoon butter
2 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan, and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover, and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the carrots, recover, and steam until just tender, 2 to 6 minutes depending on thickness. Drain Carrots.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over low heat. Stir in the carrots, brown sugar, honey, and mint. Continue to cook and stir until the sugar is dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes.
Be still my heart! I just love the taste and smell of vanilla! Vanilla can be used in an extract or from the whole bean itself but the price is different! Extract is much cheaper but the richness of the vanilla bean is amazing! Some of the surprising benefits to using it in your diet are:
- Increased Libido (ohh Yea … )
- Improved skin care
- Helps fight cancer
- Helps prevent or fight sickle cell disease
Vanilla is one of the easiest ingredients to add to almost any recipe, and it doesn’t take much to taste it. Some common uses are:
- Add it to tea or coffee
- Add it to any dessert
- Add it to sea food sauces
- Add it to fruit dishes
Headed out on a date night with your other half? Why not spice up the night with a fun little recipe to get your motors going.
SALTED VANILLA WHIPPED CREAM
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoon powdered sugar
2 tablespoons hazelnut salted liquor
Seeds from ONE vanilla bean (or 1 Teaspoon vanilla Extract)
Pinch of Salt
Add the heavy cream to a large bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar, hazelnut liquor and pinch of salt. Whisk until combined. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
I cannot tell you how much fun you can have with this recipe!
LOSING FAT IS HARD, CONFUSING, AND FULL OF PROBLEMS.
BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE.
INTRODUCING THE PROGRAM THAT FINALLY SOLVES IT.
We are proud to introduce The Two Week Diet, which is little known weight loss system slowly taking the internet by storm. Sometimes just following weight loss tips may not work for you, and you know you can do better, you can lose more weight and you have that will power to do that.
IF only you knew how to do it, you need a system and a plan based on science which makes it easy for you to implement and get real results.
Here comes the power of The Two Week Diet, this is by far the best and most comprehensive weight loss system we ever came across. The creator, Brian Flatt has done an amazing job to save you from all that information overload and drafted a simple yet very effective weight loss plan that guarantees you will lose 20 pounds in just 2 weeks.
No pills, no extreme diet, no extreme measure of any sorts, yes you heard it right this is a simple science based weight loss program which is inexpensive, uncomplicated and simply it works.
The The Two Week Diet plan has produced amazing results for thousands of men and women, and it does it without hundreds of complicated rules.
Do not skip on this opportunity to get your dream body that wished for years – See video for more information WATCH NOW!.
The Two Week Diet
A Foolproof, Science-Based Diet that's 100% Guaranteed to Melt Away 8 to 16 Pounds (4 to 8 kgs) of Stubborn Body Fat in Just 14 Days.
Disclaimer:The materials and the information contained on this website are provided for general and educational purposes only and do not constitute any legal, medical or other professional advice on any subject matter. None of the information on our videos/website is a substitute for a diagnosis and treatment by your health professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new diet or treatment and with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider.